Color Lacquer Nitrocellulose Spray Red
The Guitar Kit Fabric proposes spray of 400mL of nitrocellulose lacquer to finish your guitar kit. More than 40 nitrocellulose spray colours are available for your guitar finishing and we propose 7 shades of red. Spray can allow you to paint you guitar kit easily and avoid the use of specific equipement such as spray gun. You can achieve a professional finish with Nitorlack nitrocellulose spray, developed specifically to paint guitars.
* Our Finishing guitar product price includes VAT. It is free delivery for a total order of finishing guitar products above £130. For UK, custom and duty charge is applied.
The nitrocellulose colour lacquer is used after the primer/ sealer coat. Its goal is really to provide a nice design to your guitar kit but it provides also an additional layer of protection of the guitar body. It will grant a durable finish to your electric guitar for many decades! We propose here a total of seven different nitrocellulose spray lacquer to paint in red your guitar body or electric guitar neck:
- Solid Classic Gibson Cherry: lacquer widely used on Gibson guitars
- Solid Fender Dakota Red finishing: this classic Fender colour is our darker red. Very nice finish. A white primer applied first will brings depths.
- Solid Classic Fender Fiesta Red finishing: this lacquer is based on the Ford Thunderbird 56. The Fiesta Red Fender was used between 1960 and 1969 and has a more orange tone than the Dakota Red.
- Solid Classic Fender Torino Red finishing: Beautiful paint although not used a lot. Halfway between the hot red and Dakota red. It is a good match with white pickguards. Used in classical guitars like Fender Eric Clapton Signature like.
- Solid Classic Fender Hot Rod Red finishing: This colour is 10% more intense than the Red Torino. It is a colour that gives a lot of character and depth of the finish of your electric guitar,
- Translucid Candy Apple Red finishing: This colour was first used by Fender in 63 and is inspired by the Candy apple sugar. It was Leo Fender’s favourite colour. To achieve the candy apple red effect, you need to apply metal particles of silver or gold colour toned before. The red finishing colour applied after the metallic particle is a semi-transparent finish to reveal the metal particle below. To get this candy effect use our metallic sparkle finishing lacquer: Silver Sparkle, Inca Silver or Pearly Gold,
-Translucid Classic Gibson Red finishing: It is a transparent colour which reveals the grain of the wood. This colour lacquer will highlight the grain and reveal the beauty of a veneer of our diy guitar such as PRS guitar kit with quilted veneer, LP guitar kit with spalted veneer, ES guitar kit with flame veneer, etc.
NITROCELLULOSE COLOUR LACQUER COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR GUITAR FINISHING PRODUCTS.
The nitrocellulose spray lacquer is compatible with all our nitrocellulose products: nitrocellulose primer, nitrocellulose varnish as well as our grain filler and our polish pastes.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER PREPARATION AND APPLICATION.
Spray can permit to paint your guitar kit homogeneoulsy without the need of additional material as spray gain. Before applying nitrocellulse lacquer, shake vigorously between 2 to 5 minutes. Spray thin layers to avoid any drip and get a homogeneous distribution and in an environment with low humidity. Apply with a uniform movement and with a distance of approximately 20 cm. Wait between 12 to 24 hours between coats an ideally you might want to sand slighly between coats. It is also important to apply a primer and sand 400 before applying the spray.Note that Nitrocellulose is toxic and need protection during the finishing step of your guitar kit build: google, mask and gloves available on our website. Make sure to apply nitrocellulose lacquer outside or in a ventilated area.Further instruction will be provided along with your order.