Paint Set, Nitro & Dye - Translucent Finish
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE WOOD OF YOUR GUITAR AND MAKE IT UNIQUE WITH OUR TRANSPARENT PAINT SET USING NITROCELLULOSE VARNISH AND DYE.
This painting set contains all you need to paint your guitar kit in translucent with 1 color by using dye and nitrocellulose varnish. This finishing set contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: a bottle of dye and 1Liter ofnitrocellulose varnish. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck . Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit, test your finish and various tools to make sure you will get a fantastic results.
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Grain Filler (optional): Apply grain filler for extra smoothness
3. Tint: Dye your guitar body and neck the way you want.
4. Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
5. Varnish: use the nitrocellulose varnish to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
6. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have already preselected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to readjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
* Remind that Nitrocellulose is very toxic and that you will need gloves, respiratory mask as well as a place aerated (open garage close to the exterior).
* All our finishing kit has been tested by our experts.
Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
From $28.45 was $37.88
To $198.60 was $235.41
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the uuse of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your guitar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Gloves and Brush are available if you dont have it and you want to apply the varnish with a brush and keep your hands clean.
- Rechargeable Spray and Recharge is something you might want to consider if you purchase nitrocellulse, polyurethane or waterbase varnish in bottle and don't have a spray gun. Although you can achieve very good results using a brush, It will allow homogeneous and simpler application of the paint and varnish. One suggestion is to use brush and only use rechargeable spray for the last few coats of varnish.
2. Wood Preparation
- For open pore wood such as mahogany or ash, if you want to have intense dye color while making sure to have a smooth surface results when apply the varnish, we suggest to use a grain filler. With Dye we recommend a colorless grain filler such as natural one or you can choose a colored grain filler if it suits more your guitr paint project. You can also apply a clear sealer as well after tint your wood with the dye. We suggest the use of clear sealer (after the dye application) if you use a spray or spray gun to apply the varnish to get a perfect smooth results. If you use a brush it we dont really recommend it (as the varnish will fill the remaining imperfection easily). Applying more coats of varnish instead of clear sealer will work as well.
- For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood, we suggest to use a clear sealer only if you used a spray or spray gun. It wont be necessary otherwise. More varnish coats will work as well.
3. Coloring the Wood
Select 1 colors to paint the body and the neck and still show the beauty of the wood of the guitar:
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the body and or the neck as your convenience
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc. Once dye apply you might want to apply a clear sealer. It remains optional as highlight in the Wood Preparation Section.
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
1 Liter of varnish is more than enough to get a good finish for both the neck and the guitar body: and ~600mL for the body.
- ~600mL for the guitar body
- ~400mL for the guitar neck
Note that you can select matt or gloss finish. Using a brush along with sanding with different level of sanding paper will provide you excellent finish. Still you can use the rechargeable spray if you prefer for the last coats for instance to make sure to have a homogeneous and apply thin layer of varnish.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer and avoid slightly dull finish, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it will bring your guitar paint to the next level.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.