Paint Set, Nitro Spray - Ceruse Effect
THIS PAINT KIT IS SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR OPEN PORE WOOD BODY SUCH AS ASH OR MAHOGANY.
CREATE AN AMAZING CERUSE EFFECT BY COLORING THE BODY AND THE GRAIN ANY WAY YOU LIKE USING NITROCELLULOSE SPRAY VARNISH.
This painting set contains all you need to paint your guitar kit in translucent and enhance the beauty of ash or mahogany wood by tinted the grain with one color and the body with any other color. This finishing set contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: 1 bottle of dye of the color of your choice, 1 translucent spray of the color of your choice, a metallic brush, 400mL of clear sealer in spray, a grain filler and 2 sprays of nitrocellulose varnish. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck.
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Brushing: Use the provided metallic brush to increase the grain depth
3. Spray the body with the color of your choice: Apply the translucent spray on the body
4. Sealed: Apply 2 to 3 layers of spray sealer
5. Mixing grain filler and your color dye: mix the provided grain filler with the selected dye to create a paste that you will apply on the body: it fills the pore of the wood an creates the ceruse effect,
6. Varnish: use the spray varnish to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
7. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
Follow the detailed description below to help you to select other optional item you might want.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have already preselected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to readjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
* Remind that Nitrocellulose is very toxic and that you will need gloves, respiratory mask as well as a place aerated (open garage close to the exterior).
* All our finishing kit has been tested by our experts.
Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
To $217.08 was $221.38
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the uuse of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your guitar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Gloves and Brush are available if you dont have it and you want to apply the varnish with a brush and keep your hands clean.
- Rechargeable Spray and Recharge is something you might want to consider if you purchase nitrocellulse, polyurethane or waterbase varnish in bottle and don't have a spray gun. Although you can achieve very good results using a brush, It will allow homogeneous and simpler application of the paint and varnish. One suggestion is to use brush and only use rechargeable spray for the last few coats of varnish.
2. Wood Preparation
In this paint kit you will have already everithing you need: a grain filler, a sealer and a metallic brush.The sealer and grain filler will be needed to apply the ceruse technique and in the mean time will permit you toget a perfect smooth finish. The Metallic Brush is something you will need in The Guitar Fabric process to increase the ceruse effect.
3. Coloring the Wood
Select 2 colors to paint the body and the neck and still show the beauty of the wood of the guitar:
- 1x translucent spray is needed to paint the body
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the grain
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc.
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
A minimum of Two Nitro spray cans is required to varnish the guitar Neck and the guitar Body.
- 1x nitrocellulose varnish spray for the guitar body
- 1x nitrocellulose varnish spray for the guitar neck
It corresponds to a total of 800mL. Note that you can select matt or gloss finish. Please change the quantity to 1 spray if you desire ony varnish the body.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it enhance further the finish of your guitar.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.