Paint Set, Tru Oil - Highlight Veneer
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF YOUR GUITAR BODY AND INCREASE THE INTENSITY OF YOUR VENEER.
This painting set contains all you need to paint the body with veneer top and the neck of your guitar kit. This set provides a translucent finish with 2 colors by using dye and tru oil for veneer such as spatle, quilted or flamed maple top. It contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: 2 bottle of dye and 1Liter of waterbase varnish. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck . Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit, test your finish and various tools to make sure you will get a fantastic results.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have pre-selected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to re-adjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
*Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
*A complete user guide will be provided by email upon request
To $167.98 was $172.94
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Grain Filler (optional): Apply grain filler for extra smoothness but not on your body top though.
3. Tint: Dye your guitar body to in black first to highlight the veneer then add the other selected color to create contrast and make your veneer more intense. You can also use these 2 dyes to paint the side and back of body as well as neck the way you want.
4. Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
5. Varnish: use tru oilto reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
6. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the use of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your gutiar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
2. Wood Preparation
- For open pore wood such as mahogany or ash, if you want to have intense dye color while making sure to have a smooth surface results when apply the varnish, we suggest to use a grain filler. With Dye we recommend a colorless grain filler such as natural one or you can choose a colored grain filler if it suits more your guitr paint project. Although not mandatory, we recommend also apply a clear sealer as well after tint your wood with the dye for a perfect smooth finish
- For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood, we suggest to use a clear sealer. More varnish coats instead will work as well
3. Highlight the Veneer of the Body
- 1x dye of black color is provided to enhance the contrast of the top of the body. Dilue it with white spirit to control the intensity and apply it. You can then sand very slightly at 600 to adjust intensity further. Then apply your other selected dye. Apply this process until you're satisfied. Please remember that the quilted, spalte or flame top can be hin so you need to sand without applying any presure to remove only the dye itself and as less as possible wood.
4. Coloring the Wood
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the body and or the neck as your convenience
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc. Once dye apply you might want to apply a clear sealer. It remains optional as highlight in the Wood Preparation Section.
5. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
3oz (90mL) of tru oil is normally enough to apply 10 to 15 coats for the guitar body and the neck and varnish it entirely. However if the pore of the wood s not filled very well or/and it is your first time painting a guitar you might want to get a 8oz bottle (240mL) to make sure you will have plenty enough to do a nice finish. The best is to apply the tru oil with a cloth the same way you will apply dye. The coats will therefore very thin which is why you need normally to put lots of coats to get a beautifull finish. You need to let it dry at least 12hrs between each coats.
6. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer and avoid slightly dull finish, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it will bring your guitar paint to the next level.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.